Acquiring Super Bowl tickets, at least face value ones, is no easy task. But it’s not impossible! Let’s break it down.
Shop Super Bowl LIV tickets on SeatGeek. Right now, the lowest current get-in price is under $4,500. Browse all listings here or view select tickets below.
Before we get into the Super Bowl ticket weeds, let’s talk a bit about how much you can expect to pay. Prices for the main event have been trending upward since we began tracking them on the secondary market in 2014, save for Super Bowl LI in 2017 when it dropped to $3,976. Ticket prices for Super Bowl 2021 are currently averaging $16,484 on the secondary market. For up-to-date pricing info, check out our Super Bowl Ticket Price Tracker which is updated in realtime.
Season ticket holders are automatically entered into a lottery for their chance to buy primary SB tickets. But not every season ticket holder is equal: preference is given to those whose team has made it to the Super Bowl, the number and type of seats you own, and how long you’ve owned said seats. For the lucky chosen few, you can pick up your tickets on game day at the box office. Please note that for Super Bowl LV there are policies and procedures that are different this year due to COVID-19 that are designed to keep fans safe.
The NFL distributes 74.8% of Super Bowl tickets to their teams. The remaining 25.2% of tickets are then spread out between the media, partners and sponsors. Only a small amount are then sold to fans via “packages” which are mostly scooped up by ticket brokers well in advance of the game (which then trickles down to you, the buyer). In essence, it’s almost impossible for the Average Joe to get a Super Bowl ticket from a primary source.
For the 2017 Super Bowl and going forward, the NFL announced that they were allocating 6,000 tickets away from the participating teams and instead funneling them into more Super Bowl packages. Those packages will be sold to fans via the NFL On Location Experience Company.
Because of this, most people who want to go to the game turn to the secondary market for tickets. The secondary market just means the ticket is not being sold from the original source, and the price point is dictated by how hot the ticket is rather than the original cost. Super Bowl tickets can get very pricey on the secondary market.
SeatGeek lists secondary tickets (as well as primary for select markets), including Super Bowl inventory. Leading up to Super Bowl LV we outlined all the features available on SeatGeek to help you save money and purchase tickets confidently. Some of these include our ticket price tracker, Deal Score, and a ticket guarantee. SeatGeek also has seat views of Raymond James Stadium on its venue page, so customers can check out where they’re sitting before making a purchase.
If you’re in the majority of people who have to buy their Super Bowl tickets through a secondary source, you’re likely wondering when the best time to make your purchase is. Resale activity spikes immediately following the conference championship games, but prices generally tend to fall as kickoff approaches. Keep checking the SeatGeek Super Bowl Ticket Tracker for up-to-date pricing info, and/or sign up for email alerts regarding price drops and discounts.